Temporary Road Closure along the Southern Main Road
The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) in partnership with the Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) wishes to advise the general public (motorists/residents/pedestrians) that there will be a temporary road closure along the Southern Main Road (SMR) south of its intersection with the Churchill Roosevelt Highway (CRH) from Springvale Road to N.U.G.F.W Drive.
Works will be executed between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on June 24, 2018.
The public is advised of the following during this five (5) hour period:
- At the CRH/SMR intersection, motorists travelling EASTBOUND on the CRH will not be permitted to turn right onto the SMR
- At the CRH/SMR intersection, motorist travelling WESTBOUND on the CRH will not be permitted to turn left onto the SMR
- A the CRH/SMR intersection, motorist travelling SOUTHBOUND on the SMR will not be permitted to proceed southwards across the intersection
- Motorists travelling NORTHBOUND on the SMR will not be permitted to proceed past the intersection with N.U.G.F.W Road
The Churchill Roosevelt Highway, Uriah Butler Highway, Caroni Savannah Road and Tantrill Road may be used as alternative routes
Motorists are advised to comply with following instructions:
- Proceed with caution
- Observe all temporary directional signage provided on approaches to the site
- Comply with instructions issued by police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
The Ministry of Works and Transport apologises for any inconvenience and looks forward to your co-operation.