Ministry to launch Community Social Outreach and Impact Caravan
The Ministry of Social Development and Family Services will launch its Community Outreaches entitled: Social Outreach and Impact Caravan on Friday August 30th 2019 at the Palo Seco Settlement Community Centre, Wilson Trace, off Beach Road, Palo Seco from 10:0AM.
The Caravan is in keeping with the National Social Mitigation Plan (NSMP) which is themed: Building Resilience to Secure our Nation. The intention is to provide attendees with information and access to a suite of Government services, comprising, but not limited to:
· Food support, grants and social services
· Unemployment relief;
· Basic needs provision – Housing and utilities;
· Education and sensitization on financial management;
· Promotion of training, retraining and micro entrepreneurship opportunities;
· Psycho-social support, counselling and mediation services;
· Health, Wellness and Stress Relief;
· Resilience-building strategies
Following an official address from the Ministry, participants will be able to avail themselves of available government services being offered.