Ministry of Health Makes Changes to Parallel Healthcare Facilities
Port-of-Spain, October 8th, 2020: The Ministry of Health advises members of the public that the decision was taken to de-commission the Brooklyn Facility in Sangre Grande and Camp Balandra in Toco as COVID-19 parallel healthcare facilities. The cost for the use of the Brooklyn Facility was TTD 511,005 over a six-month period. The cost for the use of the Camp Balandra was TTD 320,000 over a six-and-a-half-month period.
This decision was influenced by the following developments:
- the introduction of home isolation for low risk COVID-19 positive patients;
- the opening of a new parallel healthcare facility at the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT), Valsayn;
The Ministry will continue to update the public on the strategies implemented to manage COVID-19, which are aimed at preventing the spread of the virus and providing quality treatment to those who have been impacted.
The public is therefore reminded to:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public;
- Keep your distance from others (6 feet);
- Stay home if you are ill;
- Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, doorknobs and cell phones);
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow; and
- Avoid touching your face.