Ministry of Health confirms no cases of COVID-19 to date in T&T
Port-of-Spain, February 24, 2020: The Ministry of Health reaffirms that to date, there have been no instances of confirmed cases of COVID-19, previously called Novel Coronavirus, in Trinidad and Tobago.
Additionally, the Ministry of Health assures the public that measures are in place to test samples for the COVID-19 virus and the relevant infectious disease protocols have been activated to restrict entry of the virus into Trinidad and Tobago. This includes adequately trained personnel, as well as the availability of equipment and resources required to control the virus.
The Ministry of Health further advises members of the public to take the following steps to avoid contracting the COVD-19 virus:
• Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you do not have a tissue.
• Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms.
• Thoroughly cook meat and eggs before consumption.
Members of the public are also asked to refrain from sharing all false or misleading information about COVID-19 currently being circulated on social media. Please get updates only from reliable sources such as the Ministry of Health webpage (www.health.gov.tt) or official news outlets.
The Ministry of Health remains committed to providing the appropriate support, care and information to the general public as we continue to safeguard the health of our population.