Minister Sinanan commissions traffic lights at South Trunk Road
March 9, 2017: On Monday March 6, the Minister of Works and Transport, Senator the Honourable Rohan Sinanan, Mr Navin Ramsingh, Director of Highways, and other key Ministry Officials commissioned the traffic lights at the South Trunk Road between Dumfries Road and Lucky Street (PriceSmart) Intersection.
The commissioning of these traffic lights are expected to provide much needed relief to residents and neighbouring vicinities, as it will assist in easing traffic congestion whilst connecting main towns and communities of Penal, Dumfries and Siparia.
Members of the public are asked to pay particular attention to the following change in the flow of traffic:
• South Trunk Road, between Dumfried Road and Lucky Street (PriceSmart) intersection will be opened to two lanes in both directions.
• Northbound traffic will be diverted unto the recently completed section in the vicinity of Lucky street (PriceSmart) Intersection
• All traffic signals located within this stretch will be made operational
Motorists are also advised as follows:
• Proceed with caution and observe all newly installed directional signs and Traffic signals.
• Comply with instructions of traffic officers positioned on site to facilitate the flow of traffic in an orderly manner.
• Be aware of on-going maintenance works and heavy equipment operating within this section of roadway.
The new traffic lights will benefit many motorists and commuters as it is regarded as a much needed safety measure in the community.
Previously, a large section of the roadway was left undone, making the road unsafe for motorists to manoeuvre, across the inactive construction site.
This project is presently under the ambit of the National Infrastructural Development Corporation (NIDCO) and supported by the Ministry of Works and Transport.
Minister Sinanan speaks with the Director-Highways Division, Mr. Navin Ramsingh following the commissioning ceremony for the South Trunk Road traffic lights on March 6, 2017.
Minister of Works and Transport, Senator the Honourable Rohan Sinanan (right) is accompanied by the Traffic Signal Supervisor -Traffic Management Branch (MOWT), Mr Maurice McEachnie as they commission the traffic lights located at South Trunk Road between Dumfries Road and Lucky Street (PriceSmart) intersection.
For further information please contact:
The Corporate Communications Unit
Ministry of Works and Transport