Minister of National Security presents instruments of appointment to members of the Seized Assets Advisory Commitee
Port of Spain: On Wednesday March 17, 2021, Minister of National Security the Honourable Stuart R. Young M.P. presented members of the new Seized Assets Advisory Committee with their Instruments of Appointment. The brief presentation ceremony took place at the Ministry of National Security Head Office in Port of Spain.
Minister Young took the opportunity to underline the important role of the Committee in national development, including areas of national security. He thanked all members for providing continued service to the nation via their appointment to this Committee, which they do in addition to their regular duties. The Minister also thanked outgoing Committee members for their dedicated service during their tenure.
The newly-appointed Committee members are:
1. Mrs. Joycelyn Thomas-Vialmosa (Chairman), Acting Deputy Comptroller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance
2. Mrs. Cheryl-Ann St. Louis-Felix, Research Officer II, Ministry of National Security
3. Mr. Riad Juman, Customs and Excise Collector, Ministry of Finance
4. Mrs. Lyra Thompson-Hollingsworth, Coordinator, National Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Programme, Ministry of Health
5. Mr. Lionel Sampson, Supervisor I, Ministry of Sport and Community Development
6. Mr. Wendell Lucas, Acting Superintendent of Police, Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, Ministry of National Security
7. Mrs. Vyanna Sharma, Head, Anti-Terrorism Unit, Office of the Attorney General and Ministry of Legal Affairs
The Seized Assets Advisory Committee is a Cabinet-appointed Committee whose mandate falls under Part III of the Proceeds of Crime Act Chapter 11:27. The Committee is to advise on the use of funds from the Seized Assets Fund, for community development, drug abuse treatment, rehabilitation projects and law enforcement.