Dr. the Honourable Keith Rowley, MP
Dr. Keith Rowley was re-elected to the House of Representatives of the 11th Parliament on September 7, 2015 and two days later was appointed Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the 7th person to hold this office. A geologist by training, Dr. Rowley has been the representative for Diego Martin West since 1991.
A former pupil of Bishop's High School, Tobago and a graduate of the University of the West Indies (Mona), Dr. Rowley first served in Parliament as an Opposition Senator from 1987-1990 (3rd Parliament), was appointed Minister of Agriculture, Land and Marine Resources (4th Parliament), Minister of Planning and Development and Minister of Housing (8th Parliament) and Minister of Trade and Industry (9th Parliament). Dr. Rowley received his instrument of appointment as Leader of the Opposition on June 1, 2010, following the General Election for the 10th Republican Parliament.
Over his Parliamentary career, Dr. Rowley has served on several Parliamentary committees. In 2004 he chaired the Joint Select Committee of Parliament which examined and made recommendations for the live broadcasting of Parliamentary debates.
adapted from the website of the Ministry of Trade and Industry, www.tradeind.gov.tt
Prime Minister9 September, 2015 - Present
- Leader of the Opposition4 June, 2010 - 17 June, 2015
- Government Member23 April, 2008 - 8 April, 2010
- Minister of Trade and Industry8 November, 2007 - 22 April, 2008
- Minister of Housing10 November, 2003 - 7 November, 2007
- Minister of Planning and Development15 October, 2002 - 9 November, 2003
- Minister of Planning and Development26 December, 2001 - 9 October, 2002
- Opposition Member12 January, 2001 - 9 October, 2001
- Opposition Member27 November, 1995 - 3 November, 2000
- Minister of Agriculture, Land and Marine Resources13 January, 1992 - 6 October, 1995
- Opposition Senator12 January, 1987 - 7 September, 1990