DevelopTT Reduces Time to Obtain Construction Permits in Trinidad and Tobago
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago in its continued efforts to improve the Ease of Doing Business in Trinidad and Tobago has implemented the Automated Construction Permitting System, also known as DevelopTT.
DevelopTT facilitates the overall infrastructural development of Trinidad and Tobago, through improved service delivery by the automation of the construction and development permitting processes nationwide. DevelopTT allows applicants to access development approvals and track their applications, from twenty-nine (29) advisory and regulatory government agencies including:
* Ministry of Planning and Development, Town and Country Planning Division (TCPD)
* Fourteen (14) Municipal Corporations
* Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service
* Occupational Safety and Health Authority and Agency (OSHA)
* Environmental Management Authority (EMA)
* Trinidad and Tobago Housing Development Corporation
The main online development approvals offered via DevelopTT include:
1. TCPD-Outline and Planning Permission and Final Planning Permission
2. EMA- Certificate of Environmental Clearance
3. Municipal Corporations- Interim and Final approvals such as Building Permit, Completion Certificate, Subdivision Permit and Final Approval for Subdivisions.
The system was launched on March 4th 2020 to facilitate applications for all development types such as residential, trade, industrial, warehouse, institutional, etc. in the entire City of Port of Spain and has already been expanded to accept applications within the boundaries of the Diego Martin Regional Corporation. In May 2020, the system will be expanded to include the San Juan Laventille Regional Corporation and will subsequently be rolled out nationwide in the third-quarter of 2020. The system has since facilitated the electronic submission and processing of applications with Outline Planning Permissions being processed in as little as fifteen (15) calendar days. With this new reengineered electronic service, it is also expected that obtaining Final Planning Permission will also be significantly reduced.
DevelopTT’s success, as the first Automated Construction Permitting System in the Caribbean, is a national achievement that belongs to all citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.
The public is encouraged to take advantage of the government e-services offered via DevelopTT. To learn more, please visit www.developtt.gov.tt<http://www.developtt.gov.tt/>. The DevelopTT Help Desk can also be contacted via email at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .