Counselling and other support available from National Family Services Division and other partnering agencies
If you, or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, please know that assistance is available through the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services’ National Family Services Division (NFSD).
Staffed by a cadre of highly skilled and trained professionals who are guided by the ethical principles of the Social Work profession, the NFSD caters primarily to the needs of individuals and families in order to provide greater psychosocial support.
The NFSD is located at 95 -97 Frederick Street, Port of Spain (at the Law Association Bldg. opposite Elections and Boundaries Commission) and at the Ministry’s Social Welfare offices in Couva, Chaguanas, Tunapuna, San Juan, Arima, Princes Town, Rio Claro, San Fernando, Penal and Point Fortin.
Persons may contact the National Family Services Division by calling: 623 – 2608 ext.’s 6701-6707 or visit our various offices to receive free counselling and support.
Other agencies that provide similar types of psychosocial support are:
Office of the Prime Minister
ChildLine – contact: 800-4321
Children’s Authority – 800 – 2014 or 996 - 2014
The Authority’s 24 hour hotline is for the receipt of reports of child abuse. In addition to other services, the CA investigates those reports to validate whether a child is in imminent danger and is in need of care and protection.
Families in Action – contact: 628-6333
- In person counselling
- 24 hour Hotline Counselling - Hotline:
- Parenting, youth, and domestic violence education
- Addictions screening and group support
- Group support for female survivors of domestic violence
Manages the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800- 7283 (SAVE) Available: 24 hours
Rape Crisis Society of Trinidad and Tobago:-
North Office: 627- 7273
8:00 AM- 4:00 PM
6:00 PM- 6:00 AM
South Office- 657-5355
8:15 AM- 4:15 PM
6:00 PM- 6:00 AM
- Provides counselling and support for victims of domestic violence and rape
- Individual and group counselling
- Walk-in services
- Educates public about sexual violence issues through outreach programmes
Trinidad and Tobago Innovative Parenting Support
Monday – Friday 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- Parenting courses
- Affordable counselling services
- Parent empowerment groups
- Training workshops for parents
Lifeline Trinidad and Tobago
Contact: 645-2800, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24 Hour Listening Service
- STOP (Student Outreach Programme) towards improved literacy for YTC
- Schools Outreach to students at high risk of being victims and/or perpetrators of violence and crime.
- The Kevin Fund - Lifeline’s newest project which supports persons who have been in YTC
- Partners for Peace - A group of organisations coming together to advocate for 10 cents in the Security $ for prevention of violence in communities.