Community outreach and health fair coming to Tobago
The Office of the Prime Minister, National AIDS Coordinating Committee Secretariat (NACC), together with the Tobago House of Assembly, the Tobago Regional Health Authority (TRHA) and NGO partners will host a Community Outreach & Health Fair in Tobago. The event will be held under the theme: “It’s Beautiful to Know! Know your Numbers, Know Your Status” and will take place on Thursday, August 30th, 2018 on The Greens at the Scarborough Port from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago is committed to the goal of ending AIDS by 2030. These community outreach programmes are intended to:
- Provide opportunities for persons to know their status and to receive counselling, if necessary
- Raise awareness about HIV/ AIDS and STIs
- Provide information on risk behaviours and how to prevent HIV infection
- Educate communities on support systems for People living with HIV and AIDS
- Provide linkages and referrals to care and support
- Address HIV related stigma and discrimination
- Empower persons to lead healthy lifestyles
The TRHA welcomed the partnership with the NACC in the execution of this event. Participants will benefit from blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol testing, HIV testing and counselling, BMI/Nutrition, Mental Health screening, Condom Demonstrations and Distribution, First AID and other health Demonstrations provided by the TRHA and other stakeholders.
The Tobago outreach follows similar events held in Trinidad. There will also be an opportunity to participate in Quizzes, Interactive Games and Videos on HIV and STI topics and NACC, THA, and NGO Informational Booths will be on display. Everyone is invited to attend!