The Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service (TTMS) cancelled its adverse Weather Alert #1 on Sunday 02nd June, 2019 at 1:30 pm for Trinidad and Tobago.
Weather conditions have returned to Green Level. Green level means no further action is required.
The TTMS has advised that weather conditions have improved significantly, however a few showers are expected to linger into the night.
The ODPM wishes to remind all citizens to Get Ready and Stay Ready throughout the 2019 Wet/Hurricane Reason by implementing the following steps:
1. Clear all drains around your property to allow water to flow freely;
2. Clear debris from your gutters and downspouts;
3. Pre-position sandbags around your property, especially if your area or property has a history of flooding;
4. Keep all important personal documents, valuables and vital medical supplies in a waterproof bag or container in an accessible location;
5. Build an emergency kit with enough food, water, and medical supplies for at least three (3) days;
6. Prepare a family emergency plan;
7. Keep a list of emergency telephone numbers on your refrigerator or anywhere that is easily accessible to everyone in your household;
8. Learn the numbers of your corporation, especially the number of your Disaster Management Unit (see below);
9. Monitor weather conditions before leaving the house;
10. Listen or look out for further updates on television, radio and social media.
Citizens should continue to monitor the website and social media profiles of the Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service and the ODPM for weather forecasts, alerts, warnings and cancelations. Visit www.metoffice.gov.tt or wwww.odpm.gov.tt.
WE WISH TO UNDERSCORE THAT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER ANY TROPICAL STORM OR HURRICANE THREAT, WATCH OR WARNING.