Adult Education Programme to begin in February
February 2, 2017: The Ministry of Social Development and Family Services is pleased to announce that the 2017 edition of the Adult Education Programme will officially begin on Monday February 13, 2017.
Persons interested in enrolling for the Programme are required to register at advertised venues from the period February 6th to February 10th, 2017 between the hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
All Classes commence during the week of February 13, 2017. See press, visit the Ministry's website, www.social.gov.tt, or log on to Facebook for more details. You may also contact a district office nearest to you or call the Ministry's Adult Education Unit at 623-5988 or the Corporate Communications and Education Unit at 868-623-2608; Ext 5429.
About the Adult Education Programme
- The Adult Education Programme of the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services was established to provide remedial Education, aimed at enabling students to successfully write the Primary School Leaving Certificate Examinations
- The Programme involves Introductory Occupational Courses, aimed at providing basic practical training to unemployed adults who are out of school.
- Literacy Programmes, aimed at tackling illiteracy problems through new initiatives in educational planning and development.
- Family Life Education, aimed at developing an understanding of the family unit, and how it is influenced by and contributes to society.
- National Examination Council courses (Over 30 courses) including: Garment Construction, Food Preparation, Tailoring, Plumbing, Electrical installation etc.
Corporate Communications and Education Unit
Ministry of Social Development and Family Services
CL Financial Building
St. Vincent Street, Port of Spain
(T) 623.2608 EXT 5405/5403